NCA Mobile Pay
A fast, easy and secure way to pay for eligible benefit account expenses
Mobile payments are quickly becoming more prevalent as consumer demand for contactless transactions continues to grow. NCA Mobile Pay allows you to meet this growing demand by enabling your employees to pay for eligible benefit account expenses, both in-store and online, using their digital wallet app on their mobile device.
What is NCA Mobile Pay?
NCA Mobile Pay is a solution that allows participants to pay for eligible benefit account expenses digitally, through their mobile devices.
How does NCA Mobile Pay work?
NCA Mobile Pay offers a fast, easy and secure way to pay for eligible benefit account expenses.
Step 1: Open their digital wallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay)
Step 2: Enter their benefits debit card details
Step 3: Accept the Terms & Conditions
Step 4: Complete the authentication process, as prompted
Step 5: Begin using their digital wallet to pay for eligible expenses
Which digital wallet applications are supported?
Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay, which are the most popular digital wallets utilized by consumers today, are all supported at this time.
Is NCA Mobile Pay safe?
NCA Mobile Pay utilizes a tokenized card number that is never fully visible to merchants, making it an extremely secure way to pay for benefit account purchases. In fact, if a participant uses a mobile device that includes an additional layer of biometric authorization, such as thumbprint or facial recognition authorization, it’s arguably more secure than an EMV chip card payment.
What is a token and tokenization?
Benefits debit card information, such as the 16-digit primary account number, is replaced with a randomly-generated value (token) that can be securely stored on mobile devices and used to make purchases. Benefits debit card account numbers are not stored on the mobile devices,
servers or with the merchant. This helps to reduce the potential for fraud. The tokenization process is invisible to participants and happens behind the scenes. It also helps to simplify checkout by eliminating the need for participants to enter and re-enter their account number when buying items in mobile applications “in-app” or at the point of sale.
Is NCA Mobile Pay the same as contactless cards?
No, contactless cards are a different form of payment. Contactless cards have a wave-like symbol that looks similar to a Wi-Fi symbol on the front of the physical payment card. This indicates to consumers they can pay for purchases by tapping their card on the point-of-sale terminal at participating retailers.
Why should I offer a NCA Mobile Pay solution to my employees?
• Meet growing demand: Mobile payment usage continues to climb and employee demand for mobile pay options, for all types of purchases, continues to grow.
• Ease of use: Offers a fast, easy and secure option for benefit account purchases, resulting in a more user-friendly experience for your employees.
• Safer transactions: Tap-to-pay technology is more reliable and secure than other forms of payment. Plus, mobile devices often provide a layer of biometric authentication such as fingerprint scans or facial recognition.
• Reduced contact: Promotes healthy and hygienic behaviors as NCA Mobile Pay eliminates the need for your employees to touch payment terminals or pass their benefits debit card back and forth with cashiers.
• Flexibility of payment devices: Your employees can say goodbye to the hassle of having to carry their benefits debit card with them. Their mobile device is all they need to make eligible benefit account purchases.
What types of benefit account purchases work with NCA Mobile Pay?
Spending through a digital wallet abides by the same rules & regulations as spending via a benefits debit card. Participants may use their digital wallet to pay for eligible benefit account expenses, as defined by employer plans.
How do participants add their benefits debit card to their digital wallet?
Participants simply open the Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay application on their device and follow the instructions to add a new card, entering their name, benefits debit card number, expiration date, and CVV code. They may be prompted to authenticate using a one-time passcode sent via text or email, or by speaking with a member services representative, before being able to add their benefits debit card to their digital wallet. Once they have successfully completed all required steps, their digital wallet should be ready to use for eligible benefit account purchases.
For more information, please download our NCA Mobile Pay flyers: